Camber Corporation Senior Windows/Linux Systems Administrator - 15885 in San Antonio, Texas
Camber Corporation has an immediate opening for a Windows/Linux Systems Administrator in San Antonio, Texas. The successful candidate must have extensive hands-on experience with both Windows Server 2012 and Linux (RHEL 6.X/7.X) system administration to include application installation, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and scripting. Recent experience with VMware system administration (vSphere 5.X/6.X) is also required. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who excels in a team environment. Applicants must pass a federal background check for “public trust.” Applicants must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder, not requiring sponsorship. The position does require relocation to San Antonio, TX.
Degree: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Years of Experience: Minimum of 8 years of IT experience, minimum of 12 years if no degree
Basic Skills Required Of All Applicants:
· Bachelor's degree and eight (8) years of experience (additional years of experience can substitute degree requirement)
· Able to work and interact with others in a structured/team environment
· Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
· Ability to do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year)
Strong technical skills/experience required for the following areas:
· Windows System Administration (Microsoft Server 2012 R2)
· Linux System Administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.X/7.X)
· VMware System Administration (vSphere 5.X/6.X)
· Application installation, support, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting
Others skills and experience sought:
· Deployment & Configuration Automation (desired: Blade Logic)
· Hardware Support Skills (HP Hardware Platforms – Blades & EVA)
· Network Administration Experience (related to firewalls, LAN, etc.)
· Backups and Restoring (desired: NetBackup)
· System Monitoring (desired: Zabbix)
· Database Administration (desired: Microsoft SQL, MySQL, or Informix)
Camber is now part of the Integrated Mission Solutions Group of Huntington Ingalls Industries Technical Solutions Division.
Camber Corporation employs a diverse mix of skilled professionals who apply their knowledge and experience to creating innovative new solutions for a variety of Government, commercial, and international customers.
Founded as an 8(a) company in 1990, Camber Corporation’s management had the entrepreneurial vision to recognize how existing and emerging technologies could help solve long-standing as well as newly identified problems in the public sector market.
Camber’s initial success with our first customers brought additional work resulting in the hiring of energetic and creative new employees. Within five years, Camber was named to Inc. ’s list of fastest growing companies in the United States (1995, 1996) specializing in: Aviation Sensors and Simulations; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) research and development; training and logistical support; project management using Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS); training; and information technology support.
Camber graduated from its 8(a) status in 1998 and has continued to add highly specialized capabilities to its portfolio of services to include: Agile Software Engineering & IT; All Hazards; Modeling, Simulation and Training; Unmanned Systems, Intelligence Analysis and Operations; and Engineering and Management. We are accredited in national and international standards, including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 20000, and CMMI ML-3, and use these standards to ensure our services and products are consistent and of the highest quality.
Camber Corporation is headquartered in Huntsville, AL with a major workforce concentration in the Washington D.C. / National Capital Region and other locations in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Camber Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled